Are you unhappy with one or more aspects of your smile? Porcelain veneers could be the solution for you.
Porcelain veneers are very thin pieces of durable, tooth-shaped porcelain that are custom-made (for shape and colour) by a professional dental laboratory. They are designed to create a look very similar to your natural tooth enamel, with comparable strength and resilience. Veneers are bonded to the front of your teeth to help hide imperfections and get you closer to the smile you desire. Dental veneers require the removal of less tooth structure than a dental crown, and still offer the potential to completely reshape your teeth.
Why do patients opt for porcelain veneers?
- To help add more continuity and uniformity to their smile.
- To help brighten a smile comprised of teeth that are discoloured, have stains, or have simply dulled over the years from natural wear and aging.
- To mask crooked teeth, or hide unwanted or uneven spaces between teeth.
- To adjust the size or shape of teeth that you feel may be too tall, small, sharp or smooth.
- To hide a chipped or broken tooth.
What to expect during the application of dental veneers
The process of getting porcelain veneers at our dental clinic usually requires two visits. Your teeth are prepared by lightly shaping the surface to allow for the thickness of the veneer. A shade (colour) will be chosen by you and your dentist, and a digital mold or impression of the teeth will be taken and sent out to a professional laboratory to be fabricated. On your second visit we will clean your teeth, place your veneers, and a special light beam will be applied to harden and set them – shortly after, you will leave the office with your new veneers!
Aftercare for your porcelain veneers
Treat your new veneers as you would your natural teeth. Daily brushing, flossing, and regular dental visits are important, and will aid in the longevity of your new cosmetic dental work.
Dr. Christie Schmidt
Dr. Patricia Kenny
Dr. Levi Ross
201 - 10010 88 Ave.
Fort Saskatchewan, AB